Sunday, January 08, 2006

Open Arms Open House #2

This afternoon I went to another Open Arms Open House in Toronto. This is a time when all 'waiting families' can get together, meet, talk and share in the adoption process together. Last time I attended an open house in October 2005 I had yet to begin my homestudy. When I went today is was great to say that my homestudy was complete and that my file had been with the Ontario Government for the past 5 weeks. Hopefully their approval will come soon! I met 2 other families that may be in my travel group. One already had ministry approval and the other was submitted about 3 weeks after me.

Another good thing that happened was that I met 3 other single ladies who are with Open Arms and also in the process of adopting their first child. They had met previously and had since gotten together a couple of times. They've invited me to join them the next time they get together which I'm really happy about. It's wonderful meeting others who are adopting and to have the role of 'single mom' in common is an even greater bond.

It was a great day! Can't believe it will probably be a year until I hold my daughter for the very first time yet in saying that I can't believe it will be a year this Wednesday when I first decided to look into adopting from China! I pray this next year goes as quickly as this last one has!

1 comment:

  1. I just read your time line... I think we may be DTC at the same time!!!! I just overnight Fed Ex'd Dossier to my agency today....Yikes!!!!!! Freak!!!! Yippee!!!! Keep in touch...way cool.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...