Wednesday, May 31, 2006

1 Year Anniversary

I can't believe I missed it!

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of 'The Call' from my agency, Open Arms to International Adoption' letting me know that my name was now at the top of the singles waiting list and I could begin my paperchase! I remember it like it was yesterday! Excitement! Surprise! (It was about 6 months earlier than originally predicted.) Scared. Excited!!!

My friend Joanne and I went out for Chinese food that day to celebrate! My fortune cookie read, 'Change is happening in your life, so go with the flow!' Perfect!!! I'm not a believer in fortunes but it was a fun one to read on such an exciting day!

Happy Anniversary Hannah! Mommy and you are one year closer to each other!

Dear Lord,
Thank you for the many, many things and people you have put in place to allow this adoption to occur. I love you and couldn't face a single day without you! Once again I lay it all at your feet and ask you to bless, lead and in Your time to bring this Mommy and her daughter together.
Amen

13 comments:

  1. That's it girl celebrate everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how time flies! I can't believe it. And I do remember that day. As each day passes I am happier for you, cause Hannah is one lucky little girl to get you as a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Time can fly sometimes! And we always feel like it is draggin'

    Hannah is closer to you day after day. What a lovely feeling!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I happen to KNOW why you forgot... and it's probably a good thing that I tell all your friends!!!

    Catherine turned 40 years old today!!! Yay!!!!!! Happy Birthday Catherine! Here's hoping and praying that Hannah comes home before your next birthday party!
    Love, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That much closer to your precious Hannah. Congrautulations:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!! I can't beleive how time flies by.

    Here's hoping the "wait" will go by just as quick.

    All the best,
    Carrie

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthaversary/annibirthday to you!
    Now Cathrine don't hold out on us!!!
    Have a great one !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Catherine,

    Happy Birthday and happy anniversary! How nice that you got "the call" the day before your last birthday!

    Go out and celebrate!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Hope you had a lovely day.

    You will always have that special association!

    Hope you were spoiled!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! I had an awesome birthday! I'll post pics and details early next week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AHHH nuts!!

    I missed your Birthday!!!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    Hope you had a great day!!

    I'm sooo happy that Hannah is in God's plans for you!!

    What a beautiful Journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary/Birthday Catherine! I can see why you might of left out the turning 40 part. I turned the BIG 40 in November and I still haven't recovered from the pain of it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary Catherine!!!!!!!! Very cool to celebrate this milestone, it's a biggie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...