Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Garage Sale This Saturday!

If you live in the Oshawa area, please pop by and say 'Hi!' Our garage sale will be held at:


917 Grandview Street North, Oshawa
8:00 - 1:00

Friends from work have been dropping off their donations to the sale and I've been attempting to clean my basement. Money raised is being donated to help out with my adoption costs. THANK YOU friends!!!

While cleaning the basement I've learned some interesting things about myself:

a) I had waaay too much junk down there that is not even worthy of a garage sale. So far it's been about 20 garbage bags of stuff that has made it's way to my dumpster. (Sharon, aren't ya proud? Too much 'STUFF!!!')
b) I had enough gift boxes down there to open my own clothing store at Christmas! I've broken down and thrown out more than 100 boxes this week. Who knew?
c) I found 16 boxes of brand new Christmas lights that have never been opened. 16!!! They're more expensive here so each Christmas when we pop across the border on Boxing Day (Dec. 26th to my US friends) I pick up more at Target. Think it's safe to say I won't be buying any this year!
d) I don't enjoy cleaning out the basement. (Guess this was self evident in that I'm opening boxes I moved with almost 10 years ago.) The encouragement of the sale + challenging myself to clean for 'just 1 hour' is what keeps me going. I'm done for tonight but will go back at it after work tomorrow.

This is work I tell ya! Just glad I'm only preparing for the sale and not boxing to move. That would be overwhelming!

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous that you have a basement!!!

    Good luck with the garage sale. I hope you have a blast (and sell tons of stuff).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...