Thursday, May 11, 2006

\o/ Praising God for Answered Prayers \o/

I've had the opportunity to meet a number of wonderful online friends during this adoption process and some have become extra special friends that I correspond with on a regular basis.

One such friend is Karen. Karen and her husband traveled to China last fall and brought home their adorable little girl. Gwen was quite ill when they received her but you'd never know it to see her now! She steals your heart in a moment and just this week has learned to walk! Too cute and oh so exciting!

Earlier this year, Karen learned that cancer had returned to her body and she had to endure 8 weeks of treatments. At a time when she was enjoying the excitement and love of mommyhood for the very first time, this news was difficult for she and Scott.

Just this morning Karen had a CT scan and was told that her body is 100% CANCER FREE! God is so good!!! Each Friday before her treatment I'd lift this dear friend before the Lord in prayer and also drop her a quick note to let her know I was thinking of her and praying for her. When I read her news today I immediately burst into tears of relief, joy and praise to our great God!

This beautiful picture of Karen and Gwen was taken earlier today. Such peace! A baby, safe and secure in her mother's arms. God is good!




\o/ Praising God for answered prayers!!! \o/


This

2 comments:

  1. So very happy for Karen. Yesterday was a year since my surgery to remove cancer and I have been greatful for every cancer free day since. I send her lots of prayers:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awsome! beautiful picture. I love your spirit.
    Smile Deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...