Thursday, June 28, 2007

Summer Fun!

Sunday afternoon when I went to mom and dad's to celebrate Father's Day, I brought Victoria along to hang out with Rebecca. These 2 are amazing friends and once again had a great afternoon together! The sun was shining, the pool was refreshing and the yard with filled with girly giggles and stories. It's neat to see the friendship they share grow with time.

When we were getting ready to go home I couldn't find my sunglasses. Just couldn't figure out where I'd put them. It's not like it's a huge place nor like I'd been in many rooms but I just couldn't find them. No wonder....they were in the bottom of the pool! Guess when I'd dove in to hang out with the girls (read: become a human climbing pole and personal swim machine) I'd had them on top of my head. Duh! Dave grabbed the skimmer and came to his sister's rescue.

Victoria and I dropped Rebecca off at her dad's place and started home. Part way home we decided the perfect ending to this afternoon would be to stop for ice cream. Guess we weren't the only ones with this idea! As we were waiting for our cones to be made, Ken and Rebecca drove up as they'd decided it was an ice cream afternoon too. We had a good visit and then said good bye....again!

13 comments:

  1. That's so funny that your sunglasses ended up at the bottom of the pool. What a good brother to fish them out for you. :)

    Glad you had such a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a fun day. I have done that with my glasses as well before..Glad someone was able to save them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun day- and nothing better than ice cream to top it off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it! Cna't get into a pool with kids withouht being the climbing aparatus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun!! What a great friendship they have!! I bet it's a forever friendship forsure!!!

    I LOVE your bro's car!! Too cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ..."become a personal climbing pole and swim machine".... LOVED that statement. It's oh, so true! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol...thanks for finishing your comment on my blog!! lol I was reading it over and over again....wondering why I JUST wasn't "getting it"!!! lol

    Busy are we??!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great day, finished off in the perfect way! hmmmm, must get some ice cream...

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol how funny your sunglasses ended up at the bottom of the pool! Looks like a blast, the girls are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute kids! Too funny about your glasses.
    Glad you had such a wonderful visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats too funny about the glasses. Who "thunk" to check the bottom of the pool?? I go crazy looking for my sun glasses daily....I think I need to get the string to attach them around my neck...LOL!! Those girls are too cute...those friendships are the BEST and will last forever!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...