Friday, January 25, 2008

Disney Fun...Day 3 - Magic Kingdom!

Monday found us heading out bright and early ready for all the fun and excitement that the Magic Kingdom would hold!! Once again we were there on time for the opening countdown and it was one of the many, many highlights of the trip for me. Disney just does it right! There was music playing, people dancing on the train station platform above the gates and the excitement could be felt in the air! As we enjoyed the entertainment the air was filled with the infamous 'Toooot tooot' of the Walt Disney World Steam Engine and the train rolled into the station loaded full of characters dancing, waving and welcoming us to the Magic Kingdom! I was so excited that I forgot to take pictures. It was so neat to experience and for us see the excitement in the girl's faces too! When you're at Disney, if you have the opportunity to get to the MK in time for the opening I'd highly recommend it! What a great way to start your day!

We took our time wandering down Main Street and just enjoyed being there! Once again there were Cast Members lining the streets welcoming us and waving wearing the large white Mickey gloves and horse drawn trolleys rumbled down Main Street. Each thing just one more piece of all that is 'Disney!'

We stopped for a group picture with the castle in the background. This is just one of those 'have to have' photos!

Victoria's wish was that we ride the Dumbo ride first so that's exactly what we did. She loves to soar up high and Rebecca likes Dumbo to stay closer to the ground so Grandma flew with R and I flew with V. Oh to see and hear their fun! Sights and sounds I want to keep in my heart forever!

After Dumbo we rode Winnie the Pooh a couple of times as well as Cinderella's Golden Carrousel. From there it was time for one of my dreams to come true. Ever since I'd seen 'Mickey's PhilharMagic' the very first time, it was something I knew I wanted to share with Sharon. It's a beautiful 3D movie featuring Mickey, Donald as well as many famous Disney movies. Once again it's a treat for all the senses and that day as we were able to watch it together a dream come true was realized!

We continued on our journey of fun enjoying Peter Pan and 'It's a Small World' (where I made my traditional call to my cousin Bridget. She's as big a Disney fan as I am and it's our tradition to call one another when we're on the 'Small World' ride. Can't wait to receive that call from you next week Bridge!! Have a GREAT trip!!)

As I said before, Victoria brought out the brave in Rebecca and this time she allowed herself to try out The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. She wasn't too sure about the Haunted Mansion but loved Pirates! Thanks Victoria for encouraging Rebecca to try some new things this trip!

Next ride on our list was the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. The first time R enjoyed it with Grandma and then the girls decided that they were all grown up and quite able to ride on their own...thank you very much! We offered to sit in the back of their carpet but they said they wanted to be on their own so Sharon and I mastered the art of flying our own carpet! Self portraits leave much to be desired but you can see that we were having a great time too!

This video is of the girls flying in front of us. The ride naturally goes up high at the end of the ride and I love how Rebecca curls into Victoria for protection.


We gave our feet a break and enjoyed some old favourites like The Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise. The only ride we did separately this trip was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad as that one is still a little too much for Rebecca but Victoria loved!

Realizing it was time to leave the Magic Kingdom for supper we boarded the train and made our way back to the main gates. There was more fun to be had at supper and then we'd head back for more MK memory building later in the evening. More Disney fun to come....

8 comments:

  1. I really want to go to Disney! I have been to Disneyland but I want to go to Disney World and on one of their cruises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that looks like SO much fun! Wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny!!!

    Looks amazing! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh, my son just saw your photos and said "no fair, i want to go back there".
    we loved the philharmagic... that is an amazing show.

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun...I feel like like I'm with you guys... Keep it coming...Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful fun! That is what friendship is about, encouraging, going on adventures, supporting, sharing, fun. That video speaks volumes.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Disney! It looks like you had a fabulous time! I wish you were my aunt :)!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...