Sunday, September 21, 2008

Lots of Fall Fun in 24 Short Hours

Rebecca, Victoria and I have a few traditions as I'm guessing many of you have figured out. One of their very favourites, that they begin asking about in the spring, is our annual 'Apple Picking Sleepover.' We counted today and figured out that Victoria and I have been doing this for 9 years and Rebecca joined us just one year later so it's been an annual tradition for the 3 of us for 8 fun-filled years. Next year they'll introduce that tradition to Hannah and none of us can wait!!!

We started our 24 hours of fun with a pizza party at my parent's place and an impromptu photo sesssion in their backyard. After saving my pennies for a couple of years I purchased a new camera this summer and had it delivered to Mary-Mia's who taught me a lot. When I got home I got camera shy and it stayed in the box for over a month! Oops! A beautiful thunderstorm caused me to take it out of the box and I've been messing around with it ever since. Still have TONS to learn but the learning is fun.

Here are some of my favourite pics from last nights fun. As you can see I have 3 very willing subjects who were happy to have their pic taken.

My niece Rebecca. A most amazing little girl and I love her to pieces!!

Her best friend Victoria! These 2 are the very best of friends and I love seeing them together! I am so blessed!

Favourite photo of the evening.



The girls posing for a pic while my spectacular nephew Noah does what 4 year old boys do best...adds rabbit ears to the girl's pic.

Lately Noah hasn't been into having his pic taken so I was excited when he decided to pose for a few.

Sportin' Auntie Cathy's shades.

Even Mom got in on the fun. I love this pic of her! Can you tell we're mother and daughter? :o)

Still to come...apple picking pics.

14 comments:

  1. Apple picking sounds like so much fun...what a great tradition....you are one terrific Aunt!

    Glad to hear you got that camera out of the box....great photos!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have some professional models there! Great pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these traditions you've started . . . so much fun! Great pics - can't wait to see more from apple picking.

    k

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures..
    Sounds like you have been having lots of fun..
    Have a Great Week..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh.....those ones of the girls are framers for them forsure!!! :)


    Next fall Hannah will be home to pick apples with you!!!!!!! :) Soooooooo exciting!!!!! :) I can't wait!!!

    Love you friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the pictures! You really do have a darling family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow..you sure can keep up with those kids!! That is good practice for when you bring your little one home!! Sounds like you have been having loads of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we go to the mountains every year and get apples and look at the leaves.....the kids love it!

    have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics of the girls together!
    I need a new camera..guess I better start saving.!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catherine don't feel bad , I have had my super duper fancy camera for about 3 years and although I take hundreds of pictures, there are things that camera can do that I will never be able to figure out!!!

    Those are the most precious faces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures of the kids. Hannah will have some wonderful traditions to come home to!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...