Wednesday, October 01, 2008

2 September Referral Batches!

We were plesantly surprised this week when CCAA sent out a 2nd batch of referrals during the month of September! The first referral batch arrived on September 2nd and the second one on September 29th! Yay!! If this is what the Olympics does then I'd say bring them on again!

This last batch they matched 6 more days of LIDs which now takes us to files that were logged in up to and including February 15, 2006. 6 more glass pebbles made their way from the jar on the left to the one on the right! That means there are now only 36 LID's to be matched and then I will see sweet Hannah's face!! If things remain as they have been for a long time now, with an average of 6 LID's per month of referrals I'm currently guesstimating an April referral! A-P-R-I-L!! Yes, if you've been following my guesstimations for a while you'll notice that the date is moving closer rather than further away. Too cool!!

I cannot begin to tell you what this kind of news does for my heart!! I can acaually allow myself to begin thinking of Hannah's nursery and how I want to decorate it. I have a few bits and pieces of things that will go in it but don't have a real plan for decorating. Guess I'd better start looking around more seriously so that I can formulate a plan.

Does anybody have any suggestions of good places to look online to see nursery ideas? So far the pieces I have are a carpet,

picture and

ceiling fan. (Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the picture and ceiling fan!)

Cannot believe I'm finally looking into starting Hannah's nursery! Wheee!!! What fun winter it's going to be!

25 comments:

  1. Catherine - HGTV has some cute links. Have fun!!! ( http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt_988/text/0,,HGTV_22056_46122,00.html )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the things you have purchased...awesome. The company store has fun things. Congrats on being 6 days closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a happy ladybug and quite glitzy, too. You have a great start for Hannah's room. the ideas will just begin to flow. Good luck my friend.

    Love,
    Wela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's pray that this IS a new trend for CCAA. Two batches of referrals per month??? I say, "BRING IT ON!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute stuff!!! Just let your imagination go crazy... do not try to copy a nursery.

    Yipee for the two batches of referrals for Sept!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I soooooo remember you sizing up that ladybug picture on our trip to the States together!!! :) Sooooo fun!!

    I can't wait to see Hannah's nursery all done up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES, on the referrals!

    No suggestions really just love GAP HOME nursery and children stuff. Check out there website!

    Lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay - you're getting so close now. I hope CCAA keeps up at this rate. Can't wait to see the finished nursery! How fun. :)

    k

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is do-able. It is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yippppeeeeeeeeee! so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great carpet!!! Heehee...I adore mine!

    We too are slowly starting...still hesitant as I am skeptical. Call it being protective. I want to embrace it and I know I will. For now...baby steps.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like Pottery Barn Kids for nursery ideas. Also try at HGTV.com look for the "rate my space" stuff. Look under baby nurseries. There are a TON of ideas there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is almost unbelievable that this is really starting to happen. People I KNOW are getting so close. I am so excited for you. April is not far, not far at all.

    I'm glad you asked about the nursery. I have been putting some thought into ours as well and I have NO clue. I am going to check out some of the advise from your commentors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your referral day will come....and then you'll be saying "oh no, I need more time to pack, to get to Shoppers to buy travel meds, to buy diapers, to...to...to..."

    It happens to everyone!! LOL

    I'm thrilled that your referral day is FINALLY getting closer, rather than moving away.

    I was a 6 monther...that is when my paperwork went in, it was 6 months to referral...which morphed into 2 years!! And I was still rushing at the end!! heheheheh

    Best,
    Snick, Sunshine and Brilliance

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool!!! I love the visual with the beads.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Olive Kids and Target has some great stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you have a boatload of ideas on decor!

    I just with what strikes me...I had some HGTV input but mostly just go with what 'feels' right. (as suggested by Lisa and Tate)

    Yep, I'll be greedy enough to hope the batches continue to arrive more closely together!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love putting shells into the jars... We just need a little more in each time...
    Love the rug ,pictures and fan..
    Have fun..
    Cant' wait to see the finished room..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Planning our nurseries is such fun, isn't it? You local library will probably have some books on nursery/kid's room decorating as will the book stores. Catalogs may give you some ideas, too, like Pottery Barn Baby, Land of Nod, etc... Have you tried putting "nursery decorating" into a search engine? I'll try it right now and see what I find.

    The end and beginning of the year is a great time to get deals on craigslist because people weed out in anticipation of the holidays and after they are over when they find themselves with too much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooo I LOVE that ceiling fan!

    Can't wait to see Hannah's nursery all done! (and Hannah in it!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is such exciting news!!! I hope that they keep speeding up. April would be awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Catherine,
    I'm glad to hear that things are moving along. I am a painting fanatic and would be glad to help put brush to a wall after
    February... which is still a bit before referral...
    j
    p.s. I love the carpet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...