Monday, February 23, 2009

Celebrating 35 months Closer to Hannah!

Mom and Dad brought these cute little flowers over on the weekend to celebrate my 35th Hannah-versary!! Thanks Mom and Dad! Another month of my file being logged in China and Hannah is so close now I can't help but be excited! I'm still anticipating it being 3-6 months before receiving her referral but the fact that it's only that long is super exciting!!

I continue to be so thankful for the peace that God is providing during this long wait. As hard as it is at times, I wouldn't trade one minute of it for the way it has caused me to learn to lean more fully on the Lord and trust Him daily. This is a lifelong lesson and one I am thankful to continually be reminded of. God is so good and He has each step planned and daily I choose to trust Him.

35 months closer to Hannah! New referrals will hopefully arrive later this week and I'll have a better idea of when I might receive her referral. Currently I'm anticipating May - July but only God knows. Once again, trusting, trusting, trusting!

22 comments:

  1. Happy 35 Catherine! You are an example to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 35 down! And each day you get closer to your precious Hannah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 35 month Hanna-versary! :)

    you are such a wonderful example of truly waiting and trusting in God's timing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Catherine,

    Our paths seem to cross in a few Yahoo groups, the salsa in china blog and RQ (I'm fujiancutiesmom). Thought I would give you a great big HI! from a fellow Ontarian now living in Shanghai. Coincidentally, our LIDs are very close to one another... Ours is 3.21.06 for our second child. I do hope that we will not have to celebrate too many more LID month anniversaries.
    If you are ever in Shanghai, you are invited to have a cup of Timmy's coffee at our place (yup, we have a Timmy's stash in China).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Catherine!! Lets hope there are not too many more of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 35....
    Have a great day..
    You are almost there girly..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 35th! I so wish I had been as calm as you are - and we weren't anywhere near that many months logged in! I agree with Tonggu Momma - and inspiration, to be sure.

    Oh, and we will be in Ottawa in October for a wedding. You anywhere near? By that time you will be home with your sweet Hannah (oh gosh, amazing isn't it??). I'd love to meet up, I've been following you forever (yeah, sorta like a stalker, but in a really good way!).

    Cheers, Kiy

    P.S. You folks have GREAT taste in flowers, whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting closer everyday. Happy 35 behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 35th!!! Your getting soo close!! God's timimg will be perfect! You will have to check out how big my little guy is getting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy 35 Catherine. you are such an inspiration - i hope that your lid comes quickly - you have been so patient and gracious in your wait.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 35 less to go...each day drawing you closer to your girl!

    It really DOES happen and what a blessing it is when that day comes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 35 done!

    Trusting but sometimes there are moments that are so, so hard.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Catherine - I had to delurk because your faith AMAZES me! Thank you for showing me the power of God!! I'm already anticipating all the fun you will have with your daughter! Kara

    ReplyDelete
  14. TRUSTING with you sweet friend!!!

    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAPPY 35 MONTHS!YES THAT CERTAINLY IS SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE......AS IT IS BEHIND NOT AHEAD OF YOU!!!!

    HUGS FROM NB!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Catherine this was a beautiful post. And I love "Hannah-Versary"!!! Do you mind if I use that????

    Happy 35th!!

    Love, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really admire you for the way you're handling this wait.

    Happy 35 my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy 35th. You are inching closer and closer. Hopefullu it won't be too much longer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...