Monday, February 09, 2009

FCC Party!

The first event of our time together was a fun visit with some California families, to celebrate Chinese New Year. After following her blog to China a few years back, it was fun to meet Stacey, her hubby Mark, son Austin, daughter Ryleigh and mom, Gyll.

I think Gyll came up with a fun plan and if it comes to be I'll share it with you here later in the week. Let's just say, I'll be easy to spot in China!

The girls looked so cute in their Chinese dresses! It was neat to see the older girls wearing them too which was a reminder to me to purchase them for Hannah in many different sizes. The families at the CNY party were wonderful and so very friendly!! I had a number of people come up and introduce themselves, share about their families and welcome me. What a treat it was to be with them and someday it will be fun to go back with Hannah.
Thanks for organizing such a great lunch Holly and Stacey, thanks for the invitation to join you! I'm so glad that my very first introduction to a FCC (Families with Children from China) party was with your group!!

When we left the CNY party the fun was just beginning but I'll have to post more about that tomorrow. Time to call it as day as it will soon be morning and the girls will be in bright and early to make sure Cafrin is ready to enjoy a new day with them!!

11 comments:

  1. So glad that you made it there safe and sound (and with a new friend to boot)!
    The party looks very festive and it sounds as though you are already having a great time. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright colours of the traditional dresses. Ben wore his ao dai to the Tet celebration... it was size 1 and barely fit him... These celebrations are wonderful.
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to hear that you not only had a bonus of flying from close to home but meeting a new friend. Small world! Party on and enjoy your visit.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Fun..
    Love the pictures..
    the girls are sooo beautiful..
    Have a great visit..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catherine..I recieved the Taggie today and it is PERFECT!! Thanks again..You should have the check as it was mailed more then a week ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I'm glad you're having a good time together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're having fun with great company!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you sure get around Catherine!!! I am so jealous! I'd love to meet M3, Tuba Dad, Ro and Ree in person! I've been following their blog for years!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like such a good time, and the little ones are so beautfiul!! Catherine you are going to be such a great mother!

    Love, Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...