Saturday, February 21, 2009

Friends!

I will never cease to be amazed or thankful at the number of friends I have been blessed to meet though this adoption journey!

Yesterday, Karen and I loaded into the van with her 2 adorable daughters and headed to a mutual friend's home.


I met Sarah a few years ago while up north at Muskoka Bible Centre and at the time she had recently returned home from China with her beautiful little toddler Jane. Since then Sarah and I have corresponded and met again on one other occasion. In the meantime Sarah travelled to Ethiopia last year and now she and her hubby have 2 more cuties running around their home, Samantha and Daniel!

Jane, who has grown so much since I last saw her. Check out those adorable dimples!


Oh my, are these two cute, or what? :o)
Samantha

Daniel

This picture just makes me laugh!! I tried using M3's tactic of, 'How many fingers are above my head' but this was the result! Heh!
The kids enjoyed an afternoon playing together while Karen, Sarah and I (l to r) talked and talked...and talked! Before we knew it, 3 hours had flown by and all too soon it was time to say good bye.
Sarah, Thank you so much for opening your home to us and also for all the beautiful clothes you shared with Hannah! They're all so pretty and I can't wait until she's wearing them! Hannah is accumulating quite a collection of smaller clothes and it was a special treat to receive some 2T and 3's! Wow....At the rate we're going, my beautiful baby girl will be in school before Mommy has to do much shopping.

Back at Karen's place her hubby and son were waiting impatiently for us to arrive enjoying a fun time of daddy and son computer games and then we all sat down to a delicious supper of lasagna, caesar salad and garlic bread. Yumm! Austin made us laugh when he arrived at the table wearing this nose clip as he's not a favourite of garlic...or onions.
I happily accepted the task of finding each and every little bit of onion in his lasagna and then feeding him by 'jets' because normal airplanes are too slow! I'm sure there will be many jets, choo choo trains and airplanes in my future...and I can't wait! Thanks for the training Austin!

Karen and Mike, thank you so much for opening your home to me once again and welcoming me into your family! Family worship time around the supper time was precious and almost brought me to tears. You are an amazing family and I cannot wait until little Denver comes home later this year to join your family!! Love you friends! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. We loved having you over . . . we don't see you nearly enough! I had such a fun day too. Funny how we can talk for hours and still not run out of things to talk about eh?

    Thanks for coming over - we love you!

    k

    P.S. Thanks for introducting Sarah and I to each other too - another great friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...