Saturday, February 28, 2009

More Paperwork Preparation for Hannah!

When I first began Hannah's adoption journey in 2005 I had over 4 years remaining before my Passport expired. When working on the paperchase, my agency asked us to check our Passports to ensure they'd be valid come travel time and I didn't give it a second thought.

Well, that's not the case now. Although my Passport has travelled many, many wonderful miles with me over the past 4 years, it was going to expire in less than a month so it was time to renew it. This morning I joined the ranks of many other Canadians and renewed my Passport. As of June of this year we will need a Passport to even drive across the border to the US so the Passport offices are busy! When I walked in and saw the number of people waiting and the long line to do initial document validation I was concerned my lunch with Sharon might be in jeopardy even though it was only 9:30. Uh oh!

I tell you, I was nothing but impressed by the efficiency of this office and within 30 mins I walked out the door with my renewal submission completed and now I just need to wait for it to arrive via registered mail. Yay! Another piece of paperwork completed that will help take me to Hannah. Oh how I can't wait to get that Chinese Visa stamp! SOON!!! New referrals expected early next week so more beads will be moving. Wheee!

9 comments:

  1. You are getting so close!!

    We are going to have to renew our pp's too!

    Come on bead movement!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for all that are waiting. This wait has really gotten long : ( My daughter came home in Dec 2005 and I thought a year was a long wait back then.
    You are getting closer....hang in there {{{{hug}}}}Happy you had an easy time with your passport. We renewed passports over a year ago and it took months to get our passport back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little steps are so exciting. I know mine is still good for a couple of years, I had it renewed in 2006 or maybe 2007, but I need to check on Danny's. My exciting paperwork job for Monday is to start the citizenship race... It is starting to feel real. It would be neat if we were in different parts of Asia at the same time.
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that your passport renewal went well. It's all of these little things that make me excited for you to be so close to your Hannah!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy that you so prepared... I cannot wait to see Hannah in your arms!!! I'm always praying for referrals to be large so all my friends will have their dreams come true. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sending up a prayer that LOTS of beads will be flying...couldn't hurt, right? I am getting anxious myself! I can only imagine how you must feel...but you are a fine example of Godly waiting and joy in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When we had ours done,it was daunting to see the crowd. We got there 10 minutes before the office opened and there was a massive lineup. But efficiency reigned and we were out in a reasonable amount of time.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see that you have one more thing to cross off your list before referral. It'll be here before you know it :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. One more step closer... in paper work and in beads.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...