Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Treasure In My 'In Box'!!!

I was checking my in box this morning when I received an email from Ann at Red Thread China. My parent's ordered a Mooncake Care Package last evening to be sent to Hannah so I wasn't too surprised to see something from Ann. Thought it might just be a follow-up confirming their order.

You can imagine my delight and surprise when it was updated information about my sweet baby girl!! Included in her original care package I had asked the Director some questions but it didn't even cross my mind that I might receive the answers before we meet. I was shaking when I realized what I was about to read!

I found out the name of her nanny and that Hannah is very attached to her. Thanking God for this as it is something I pray for often - that she will be loved and attach to those who are caring for her now. I know that many of you have been praying this for her too and I thank you! God is answering our prayers and I am praising Him!!

They also shared the names of the 3 babies that share her room in the orphanage and are her friends.

Her feeding schedule and some of her daily routines were also included. She wakes up at 6:30am and likes a bath before her bottle and breakfast. Guess my work alarm will happily be replaced by a new one that wakes me about the same time. :o) Cannot wait to make that switch and also to have a great amount of time at home to get to know my sweet baby girl before returning to work.

Her personality is outgoing, active and smart. She loves to sleep in her rock chair (might need to go to 'Once Upon A Child' and see if I can find a 2nd hand one of those) and, she loves her musical toy. I have a few of those so it's all good. They also said, 'if someone take her toy away from her hand she will be very upset.' That's ok sweetie. Mommy won't take your toys away but am pretty sure your cousin Makenna might have different thoughts about that. Oh how I cannot wait to see the two of you together!!

There was one part of her update that made me smile and at the same time gave me goose bumps. I love this!! 'When she is not happy, give her some toys or hold her. She loves to be holded'!! My girl is a cuddler and I am thrilled to hear this!!! Once again, this is something I have prayed about time and time again.

Lord, thank you for this precious gift of more information about my sweet baby girl. As my Grandma loves to say, 'Each new day holds some lovely secret waiting to unfold.' Today's secret was updates on Hannah and I've had a smile on my face ever since!! God is SO GOOD to provide this gift of information today!

20 comments:

  1. She loves to be 'holded'. It's perfect!!! I picture the two of you, holding and being held, living happily ever after. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I would have sent a care package to LiLi before I got there. Our agencey frowned upon it...I should have anyway.

    I am sooooo happy for you Catherine. You are such a happy and positive person with a huge heart. I can't wait to see the first moment with you hold Hannah.

    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh.....it just makes me happy all over for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this information is priceless!!! I wish we had known about Ann's service before traveling. I wish everyone knew about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading all of this about your baby girl is wonderful. I can't wait to use Ann's service too. It sounds like she is truly a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am so happy for you that you got all of this information, what a blessing Catherine. GOD is just sooooo good.

    Love and blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  7. How many more minutes till you are on that plane to get her????

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so lucky to get this kind of information. I would have loved to have had anything like this when we were waiting for our own girls...

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOH How wonderful! What an INCREDIBLE surprise for you!!!!! And how thoughtful of your parents to send Moon cakes! They must be so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is SO wonderful!!! She is waiting for her Mama and cared for until that day comes. Which will be soon!!!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How very exciting!!

    I can't wait for you to go and get her. I can't imagine how excited you must be!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see you holded-ing her!!!! :o) CAN'T WAIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES for sure you will have lots of time to bond in a rocking chair.....Our girl is 3.5 and we still cuddle in it. You wont regret that purchase! I can not wait to see a picture of the two of you together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful news. Every bit of info must be so exciting! I was so excited to see you had posted, and the title, and I saved it to read until I had time tonight to get excited with you! Fantastic news!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1 month! Not long now!!

    Love the info you are getting on your sweetie pie!

    So, so happy for you!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great update to have received!! So so happy for you my friend!! So happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I probably shouldn't read these blogs so late at night. My eyes are watering and it must be because I'm tired...or it could be because I am envisioning you holding and loving your precious child.
    peace
    fm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...