Monday, June 14, 2010

Busy, busy...B-U-S-Y!!!

I cannot tell you how many times a day I hear this with regards to Hannah and I grin! Sometimes it's me; or family and friends while other times it's complete strangers who watch her whiz by when we're out and she happens to be out of my arms so free to cruise around. She's a happy, happy girl with a smile and wave for many - if she slows down long enough to show you!

I decided to look up the word busy in the dictionary and this is what it says:

bus·y [biz-ee] –adjective
1. actively and attentively engaged in work or a pastime: busy with her work.
2. not at leisure; otherwise engaged: He couldn't see any visitors because he was busy.
3. full of or characterized by activity: a busy life.


What they missed was
4. a 15 month old child!!

After tidying the main floor area for the umpteenth time Saturday I finally decided to snap a pic of some of the damage. This was all accomplished by my busy little girl in the length of time it took me to prepare dinner and with me moving her to a different area of the room no less than 4 times so that I didn't trip over her while cooking! I think by the look of her in this pic even she was bowled over by the amount of damage she was able to accomplish in just a short amount of time!


We're excited to be heading to California in a few weeks so Hannah decided to write a note to Auntie M3:

Dear Auntie M,
I can't wait to meet you as well as Uncle TD, Ro and Ree!!! It's probably a good thing the girls will be done Pre-K by the time I get there as it may take all 4 of you to help mommy corral me. I'm already excited to think of a house without door latches and baby gates! Oh the fun I will have!!

Cannot wait to meet you in 16 more sleeps (plus naps)!

Love, Hannah xoxoxoxo



Now, for mommy to figure out how to entertain my precious busy little girl for 9 hours of travel while we get there!!

6 comments:

  1. LOL! Now times that by four and welcome to my life! :)

    So glad you're able to go visit your dear friends again. What fun you'll have finally being able to introduce them to Hannah! Enjoy the excitement as you look forward to the trip. And as far as the nine hours of travel go . . . isn't that what the flight attendants are for . . . entertaining little ones???

    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the travel, that is a long time to keep a 15 month old entertained. I'm sure you already know all the best tricks...snacks, books, little plastic containers with things to take in,out,in,out over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes....it's Hurricane Hannah. Can you imagine the fun that will be had with Hurricane and the Twinadoes?
    Done that 9+ hour flight many times back and forth to the UK and whatever you did for the Orlando flight just add lots more of the same. Stickers can be stuck everywhere and are fun and easy to clean up, a trip to the dollar store for stuff she has never ever seen before that is cheap so if it gets lost on the plane....never mind. I always get new toys, cheapy stuff for the plane and don't let them see what we have until we are securely ensconced in our seats.
    You are so amazing you will have everything covered...I've seen photos of your luggage, we travel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May we see photos of the completed deck?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can remember having to tape a line across the kitchen floor. When ever I was cooking or preparing food she was not allowed past the line. Surprisingly it worked. I was forever tripping over her and all the stuff she hauled around. Lucky for us we had a small kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Hannah sure knows how to spread out over the kitchen floor!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...