Friday, April 22, 2011

What Took Me So Long?

I’ve heard people talking about smoothies for a long time but I didn’t really know what all the excitement was about.  I’m a fan of frozen drinks but didn’t really know how to make them myself so just kinda let the fad pass me by. 

All that changed last week when a friend shared an easy smoothie recipe with me and I’m happy to say I’m now a smoothie convert – as is Hannah!

Melanie’s recipe consists of cranberry juice, plain yogurt and frozen berries.  I mixed it up a bit by using low cal cranberry juice and vanilla yogurt.  Delicious!!IMG_0139

Hannah’s version is similar but slightly different as I don’t give her any artificial sweetners so make it with regular juice and her yogurt.

Hannah loves this new little treat that we’ve found, especially since she gets to use a big girl glass!IMG_0142

11 comments:

  1. YUMMY...
    Love frozen drinks...
    Have a great Saturday..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The twins LOVE smoothies!! We make them with Greek yogurt for that extra punch of protein. Give it a try next time. :) We also drizzle in a little agave nectar or real maple syrup for a little sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do smoothies all the time. For ours we use a little bit of apple juice a little bit of rice milk, lots of berries(we like stawberries) and one banana and I also add a scoop of vegan protein powder. Occasionally we'll add a little bit of honey, but they are usually sweet enough without it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love SMOOTHIES..the magic bullet works GREAT for making them and you can throw in just about anything..I freeze all of my over ripe bananas and fresh over ripened berries too:)

    We ALL need to see a pic of Hannah without the cup in front of her..love the hat and whiskers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We make smoothies often, hannah had one for snack the other afternoon :) I just use yogurt, milk, banana and frozen berries and the kids love them! they think it's some kind of special treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might like 1/2 banana, 1/3 cup OJ, and 1/2 cup ice. Also good with 1-2 oz. protein powder to make it a meal.

    I, also, recommend a personal blender and suggest the Tribest, as it grinds and chops ice very well, comes with travel cups, etc. (amazon.com)

    CUTE photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the wonderful world of smoothies!! We use frozen fruit (just thaw in the micorwave for a bit) then add some O.J. or cranberry juice, a bannana, some yogurt or sherbert. Delish!

    Happy experimenting!

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love them too! We freeze bananas and other frozen fruit along with juice or milk. All yummy! Love the big girl cup!

    Alyzabeth's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM!
    Our fave around here is strawberries, banana, vanilla yogurt and orange juice (and protein powder for me if it's a meal replacement)

    Happy Easter to you both! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smoothies = YUM!!

    Although in my super small kitchen, having somewhere to store the blender is the hardest part of smoothies. Perhaps I should pull out the blender today with all these good suggestions!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...