Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Moment in Time: Oh Canada Flag!

Hannah absolutely loves finding Canadian flags when we’re out and I’ll tell you, she’s good!!!  We can be driving in a completely new area and she’ll spot them in the hardest to find places and excitedly shout, ‘Canada Fwag!!!’  DSC_8847

After she calls out it’s not unusual for me to hear, ‘Sing Mommy, sing!’  from the back seat.  Earlier this summer I began to sing the Canadian National Anthem with her when she first took a liking to Canadian flags and I’m really impressed with much she’s learned!

On this day we were driving in the car with Mom and Dad so I was in the back seat with her.  I started to sing, ‘Oh Canada’ but my independent Miss let me know that she could sing it herself thank-you-very-much!  I think she did GREAT, especially when I remember she’s not even 2 1/2 years old yet!  I giggle in a couple of places because of the way she’s added her own flare to the song.  ‘Oh Canada’ becomes ‘Oh Canada Fwag’ and each time she sings ‘Stand on guard for thee’ she changes it to ‘Stand on guard for the end.’  Heh….so cute!

Great finish XiaoFen! 

I know right now she’s all about Canadian flags but I hope at the same time I’m also instilling a love for our amazing, beautiful country in my daughter.  IMG_1554

7 comments:

  1. Loving the true patriot love from Miss H! National pride is such an important thing to learn and have.

    Keep smiling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie just wants to watch Hannah over and over again. Met too cos she is just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it!

    My best friend from college is from Canada and she taught me O Canada and I taught her The Star Spangled Banner. I think Hannah knows O Canada much better than I ever did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song! We voted about 70/80 years ago on a National Anthem and chose the Star Spangled Banner over a much prettier song. When I go to the races or a hockey game, I sing along with yours because I like it so much.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! She is so cute Catherine! Wonder how soon she'll be singing the National Anthem at some big ball game?? :) Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the best rendition of 'O Canada' that I've ever heard!!

    Too cute. Thanks for sharing.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. That sort of finale is one we see here in this house often.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...