Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Day Filled with Family and Fun!

Sundays are normally days when we have a nice combination of activities and quiet time together at home.  This past Sunday was all that with a couple of birthday celebrations thrown in for good measure!
We started our day at church which is a special part of our week.  I smiled when Hannah hopped up on this pew and began to ‘read’ to herself from the hymnal.  I love her interest in ‘reading’ and hearing the stories that she creates.IMG_0438
After church we hurried home to prepare for some birthday celebrations.
First we decorated Nana’s birthday cake.IMG_0440
We went for our normal lunch at Nana and Papa’s and celebrated Nana’s birthday with Papa, Tor, Josh and Grandma Dale.IMG_0443
IMG_0445
Hannah helping Papa with the dishes.IMG_0449
Later in the afternoon Grandma and Grandpa came over so that we could celebrate his birthday too.  He was singing Happy birthday to himself so Hannah stopped him.IMG_0452
A birthday pic with Grandpa and Grandma.  Hannah was in charge of the candles at both parties.  She felt the straight line approach was best!IMG_0455
Our day ended with a little time outdoors.  The weather was warmer and the sun up later so we took advantage of it.  You can tell when I get tired of winter because I take days like this and shovel the snow off the lawn and throw it on the road to melt.  Today I was doing that and Hannah decided a much better idea was to build a snow castle on the driveway.  So creative!IMG_0475
Ta da!!!IMG_0477
I love Sundays and I think you can see why.  Lots of time with my sweetie at church, home and with family!

1 comment:

  1. Catherine, I can't find the email you sent me about violins! I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you. first, you might find some info on my shop blog at kaysvilleviolinshop.blogspot.com. I like the Suzuki method for little violinists, since Dr. Suzuki designed the program for the violin. It's a great repertoire. you might like his book that I can't remember the name of. something about teaching with love. You can start violin at any age. 4 or 5 is perfect for a very involved parent who wants to use music as a tool for building a relationship and having fun. Second grade (7 or 8) is perfect for taking off and progressing faster, with less involvement from the parent, if you choose. As far as violins, at my shop, you can buy a small one and then pay $75 each time you trade up. that ends up being cheaper than renting. There are about 7 sizes, and Hannah would probably already be in a 1/8 or even a 1/4. then you would need a half, 3/4 and full size later. Email me again with more questions!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...