Monday, August 19, 2013

Disney 2013, Day 4: Hollywood Studios as a Family of 6!

Hannah and I were excited when Nana, Tor, Josh and Daniel arrived yesterday!  Tor had been to Disney one other time when Nana and I brought she and Rebecca back in January of 2008.  She’d wanted to come ever since and she and Bec still say they’re going to do a grad trip in 2017.  I hope it works for them to do this!  This trip is a first for both Daniel and Josh and they’re excited.  Unfortunately so excited that Josh started his trip with a tummy upset but we’re pretty confident is was just a combination of nerves and excitement.  Once he had had a little breakfast this morning he was ready to go.

We started the day splitting up for a bit so that Tor and I could tackle Rockin’ Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.  Can I tell you that this sounded like a much better idea when we were way up in Canada than it did when we were standing in front of the Tower of Terror?  Winking smile  I love RRC but wasn’t sure about ToT.  in the end it was all great and we loved both rides!IMG_0187 The quieter part of our group enjoyed, ‘Beauty and the Beast’ across the street.

We had a ton of fun this day and in fact so much fun that I totally forgot to pull out my camera.  You know this is rare for me!  We introduced the kids to Toy Story Mania (a hit for all), The Backlot Tour where Walt’s plane was decorated for the movie, ‘Planes’ IMG_0193

The Great Movie Ride, Lights, Motors, Action; Voyage of the Little Mermaid and more.  While the others dined at Mama Melrose’s for lunch Hannah and I took time to meet her old pals Mater and Lightening McQueen once again.IMG_0188

(The white thing around my neck is called a Frog Togg and it’s proving to be invaluable in managing the Florida heat.  They really are a neat invention and work wonderfully!)

The only time we stopped to get a family pic was after Fantasmic as we were leaving the park.  We really must remember to take this pic earlier on other days!IMG_0198

Tomorrow:  Touring separately at the Magic Kingdom then meeting up at Kona Cafe for supper.  Mmmm!  Kona Cafe!!

12 comments:

  1. What?!? You didn't get the Frog Togg in pink? ;-) Looks like you're having a great time time! When you get home (in all your ample spare time...said with tongue in cheek!), I think a post is needed of all the must eats and must do shows and rides and where one can find them (which park). I can't keep track! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you something as far as the CNE and what is going on here.....yuck!!!!
    Sounds and looks like a great trip there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS for posting a couple of pictures!!! My gadget son seems to have lost his camera too!!!! You are the best!! I knew if I signed on over here I might catch a glimpse of my offspring!!! LOL!!! Having too much fun living life to write about it!!! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back! Looks fabulous!! And the itineraries you left us are amazing!!!!! I love following it every day!!! Keeps us connected!! So wish I could be there, but couldn't choose a better group to entrust my favourite son to!!!! Love you all!! Keep up the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU Cath for posting a few pictures!!! I was beginning to believe I'd never see my offspring again! I knew I could rely on you!!! Boy - send them to Florida and the "gadget guy" has no time!!! SO glad you are all having such a wonderful time!!!! SO wish I could be there, but there isn't another group in the world I would sooner see my #1 son with!!! Can't wait to hear all the details when you get back!!!!! Oh, to be a fly on the wall!!!! Listen - I think that's laughter!!! - Oh ya - I think it's all you guys!!!! Keep having fun!! Sending love and prayers and a million hugs!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're having an AMAZING time & as we speak he may be deciding if Splash Mountain is for him or not. Hannah & I are in line to meet Tinkerbell!! Wish you were here too. Your boy is nothi g short of AMAZING!! Liovinf having him along! You should see him when he's holding sleeping Hannah. So sweet!

      Many stories and much laughter to share with you later. Should I tell you now that there are kms between us that I'm trying to find him a job here at Disney? ;o)

      You've raised an amazing boy Mommy!!!

      Delete
  5. Hi, will you meet up with any of your Florida friends, Don, Be and JMei? We're in Orlando, too and hope to meet you and Hannah one day.
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our August trips are family time so we generally do not book meet-ups this time. We'll be back to FL in Nov and may see our friends then. It's harder now that the kiddos are school aged but we try.

      Delete
  6. So jealous of your time at Disney! You do such great things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where dod you buy that Frog Togg from? did you order it from amazon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey friend! We miss you! Bed, Bath and Beyond carries them at home. You're welcome to use ours but you'll probably want more than one. I bought not and cut it lengthwise for us to share.

      Delete
  8. Must hear more about this Frog Togg thing. It really does help?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...