Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Disney 2014–Day 2, Part I (Magic Kingdom)

(Sunday, Sept 21, 2014)
Hannah and I were awake bright and early Sunday morning, ready to spend our first day in the Magic Kingdom with my brother Dave, SIL Trish and Hannah’s cousins Makenna (5) and Kallen (just turned 2 two days prior!)
IMG_4804
We took the bus to MK and arrived in time to watch the opening show which is my favourite way to begin any MK day!  After the show were made our way into the park and Trish and I looked at each other, barely able to contain ourselves that we were finally there together with our families!!  (The ‘littles’ of the family in Dave and Trish’s case as their oldest 4 are home this week.) 
We stopped for our customary photographs in front of Cinderella’s castle.  They’re getting ready for Christmas so please pardon the crane in the background.  IMG_4814
This next picture just makes me howl!  Makenna was having a bit of a rough moment and I was able to capture it as a Disney photographer took their family pictures.  Hilarious!IMG_4816
Yes, we are at the ‘Happiest Place on Earth’ and yet the kids have their moments.  Hannah will too I’m sure!  We love Disney but long days with stimulation overload can lead to the odd meltdown that we just help them through and move on.  (Unless it’s mommy’s meltdown and then Hannah gently reminds me to ‘Take a deep breath’ and then I apologize and we move on.  Oh no, meltdowns are not just for kids!)
We eventually did manage to take a quick family shot in front of the castle but the bright sun did not lend itself well to the kiddos looking at the camera.IMG_4818
After taking a ride with Pooh where the girls found these beautiful jewels on the way out IMG_4820and a ride on Prince Charming’s Carousel
IMG_4824
IMG_4825
we had FastPass+ (FP+) reservations for Enchanted Tales with Belle.  I think at this point Dave was questioning the planning of being here with his sister as when they were asking for palace guards I quickly pointed him out and he was chosen as were Hannah and Makenna!IMG_4830
Our final ride before lunch was the new ‘Seven Dwarfs Mine Train’ and it didn’t disappoint!  Hannah and I had watched them building it for more than 2 years and have been excited to ride it for months!!  This video starts just after my poor kiddo wacked her head but then after that we were off and she loved it!  (Heh…can you tell Mommy did too?) As our car rolled to a stop Hannah declared it the ‘Best – Ride - Ever!!’  High praise from my wee adrenalin girl!   We’re looking forward to riding this one again a couple of times later in the week!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! SDMT is our new favorite too! I'm so glad you were able to get to ride it! Yes! We whacked our heads on the ride too! Next time, I'm planning to put my hand behind Marin's head on "take off"! I think that will help! It is a super smooth ride except for the beginning! Oh my goodness, that pic of Makenna is killing me! So hysterical! We have at least one Disney meltdown per person, per day! Ha! All these posts have me counting down till our trip in March!! Keep the pics coming! I'm so glad you are having a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...